3rd Shift Hours are Sunday night through Thursday night - 10pm-6am
Looking for a new opportunity with an innovative global organization that fosters a high performance culture through Agility, Collaboration, Effective Communication, Building Trust, Taking Ownership, Focusing on Customers, and Creating Opportunities?
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, the Straumann Group is a global leader in tooth replacement and orthodontic solutions that creates smiles and restores confidence. For more than six decades, we have been stretching the limits, entering new fields, and creating opportunities to make patients’ lives better. We are the leading independent player in our industry. From the first Dental Implant in 1974 to the latest Digital Solution – we do things different than others.
We deliver innovation based on evidence. This is part of our employer culture as well as an exceptional team spirit that truly encourages diversity and a powerful “can-do” attitude.
ClearCorrect, a Straumann Group Company, is a leading manufacturer of clear aligners, an alternative to traditional metal dental braces, since 2006. ClearCorrect offers a more affordable and doctor-friendly approach to tens of thousands of doctors around the world.
#WeCreateSmiles – every day – and we want you to be a part of it!
Summary of position
This position sets up, adjusts and maintains assigned equipment with responsibility for fulfilling established production and quality requirements.
Essential functions and duties
- Analyzes mechanical, electrical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Reviews production schedule and when equipment is not scheduled for manufacturing, changes over equipment to new sizes or performs scheduled maintenance.
- Tests equipment to check operation. Clears jams and sets aside product for inspection and rework. Tries out equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime.
- Examines, Tests, and measures product from assigned equipment for quality specifications, using gauges and instruments, and records data on appropriate forms. Checks product for visual defects.
- Makes preventative maintenance checks and inspection of assigned equipment, reports finding to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
- Examines defects and analyzes spoilage causes and, where possible, takes corrective action. Analyzes and records cause of production delays on daily production report.
- Investigates recurring equipment malfunctions and takes corrective action, and of quality problems or supplies needed.
- Follow safety rules and maintains personal safety and the safety of others including maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Accurately records and reports information as required.
- Applies Good Documentation Practices to all maintenance records.
- May assist in maintenance and /or operation other assigned equipment or systems.
- May operate equipment during relief periods.
- Performs product examination and rework when line is down due to causes beyond mechanic’s control.
- Other duties may be assigned, directed or requested.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function adequately. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. A reasonable accommodation may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform the essential functions of the role.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 5 years of industrial maintenance/troubleshooting or equivalent experience
- Must be able to use hand, power and trade tools.
- Must be able to prioritize and execute effectively
- Must be able to communicate directly with management
- Must have computer and software skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- High mental and visual ability required.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering blueprints and schematics
- Troubleshoot A/C & D/C circuits
- Experience with PLC controls, inductive & photocell sensors
- Use of dial calipers, micrometers, and other measuring devices
- Proficient use of electrical test equipment (multimeters, ammeter, etc,)